Uniform tax rebate form

Do you wear a work uniform, perhaps a simple polo shirt with your employer’s logo on or full attire, like nurses or police officers?
Do you have to wash, repair or replace it yourself?
If YES, you may be able to reclaim £100s of overpaid UK income tax from the past four years.
Read on and fill in the uniform tax rebate form, that will allow you to verify whether you are entitled to a uniform tax refund.

Am I eligible for a uniform tax rebate?

To be able to claim UK income tax relief for uniforms, you need to ensure ALL of the following apply:

  • You wear a recognisable uniform that shows you’ve got a certain job, like a branded T-shirt or police uniform.
    However, in some cases even plain clothes, without a logo, that you only wear for work may entitle you to claim an income tax repayment. Please check with us.
  • Your employer requires you to wear the uniform while you are working, and you cannot wear any of your regular cloths from home that you use for activities other than work.
  • You have to pay to clean, repair or replace your work uniform yourself, at your own expanse. Please bare in mind, you can not claim uniform tax rebate if your employer washes your kit, provides facilities to do so. That means that even if you do not use these facilities provided by your employer or if your employer pays you for doing the uniform maintenance you will not be able to claim uniform tax reund.
  • In order to be able to claim uniform tax refund you have to have paid UK income tax in the year(s) you are claiming for, otherwise you will not be entitled for a uniform tax refund.


Uniform tax rebate form


Fields marked with a * are required.

Privacy Statement:

All information submitted through this form will remain private and confidential. No data will ever be passed on to any 3rd party.